Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Tuesday 10 March 2015

Read to Review: The Glittering World

Title: The Glittering World
Author: Robert Levy
Format I read: ebook on kindle via netgalley
Rating: 3/5

SYNOPSIS:
In the tradition of Neil Gaiman (The Ocean at the End of the Lane), Scott Smith (The Ruins), and Jason Mott (The Returned), award-winning playwright Robert Levy spins a dark tale of alienation and belonging, the familiar and the surreal, family secrets and the search for truth in his debut supernatural thriller.

When up-and-coming chef Michael “Blue” Whitley returns with three friends to the remote Canadian community of his birth, it appears to be the perfect getaway from New York. He soon discovers, however, that everything he thought he knew about himself is a carefully orchestrated lie. Though he had no recollection of the event, as a young boy Blue and another child went missing for weeks in the idyllic, mysterious woods of Starling Cove. Soon thereafter, his mother suddenly fled with him to America, their homeland left behind.

But then Blue begins to remember. And once the shocking truth starts bleeding back into his life, his closest friends—Elisa, his former partner in crime; her stalwart husband, Jason; and Gabe, Blue’s young and admiring co-worker—must unravel the secrets of Starling Cove and the artists’ colony it once harbored. All four will face their troubled pasts, their most private demons, and a mysterious race of beings that inhabits the land, spoken of by the locals only as the Other Kind…

MY REVIEW:
I received a copy of this book via Netgalley,

I couldn't remember why I had picked this book and I can't tell you what I expected, but I can tell you that what I got was nothing I could have ever expected even if I tried. I guess it was sorta about Fae but not really but I guess that depends on what you believe about the Fae, I did like that it was original to me but also it was mysterious and a little captivating. I like that the story was told from each one of the friends point of view at differnt times in the journey, but on the flip side to that I'm not sure I really connected or cared to deeply for any of the characters. It was a very interesting tale and the multiple points of view gave me a pretty deep insight into each individual but as interested as I was in their story I was not as interested in their personalities. 
This book is more fun when its mysterious I think so I will leave the rest up to you to decide, I would recommend this to some people it was a cool story.

No comments:

Post a Comment