Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Monday 9 March 2015

Book Review- Cold Fury (Cold Fury 1)

Title: Cold Fury (Cold Fury 1)
Author: T.M. Goeglein
Format I read: Hardcover
Rating: 3/5

SYNOPSIS:

Jason Bourne meets The Sopranos in this breathtaking adventure

Sara Jane Rispoli is a normal sixteen-year-old coping with school and a budding romance--until her parents and brother are kidnapped and she discovers her family is deeply embedded in the Chicago Outfit (aka the mob).

Now on the run from a masked assassin, rogue cops and her turncoat uncle, Sara Jane is chased and attacked at every turn, fighting back with cold fury as she searches for her family. It's a quest that takes her through concealed doors and forgotten speakeasies--a city hiding in plain sight. Though armed with a .45 and 96K in cash, an old tattered notebook might be her best defense--hidden in its pages the secret to "ultimate power." It's why she's being pursued, why her family was taken, and could be the key to saving all of their lives.

Action packed, with fresh, cinematic writing, Cold Fury is a riveting and imaginative adventure readers will devour.


MY REVIEW:

To be honest I bought this book based on the organized crime aspect, when I was younger I always imagined my father in his perfectly put together suit heading off everyday to take care of "business" now to be clear my dad was and still is a hotel vice president and nothing more but he loved old action movies with the crime boss and I thought that was why, this is why I find it hard to believe that Sara noticed akl the whispers even heard parts of conversation and dudnt try to find out more, especially since she watched so many movies on the subject, Willy even hinted something to her and she never thought twice about any of it until her family was missing, I guess you could say that was my big issue with this book Sara was a little slower on the uptake than I would have liked.
there was a lot of cool action and once Sara decided to use what she learned about herself and her family things got really exciting but I wish it had not taken so long for it to pick up, there was a lot of back story which I guess had useful aspects byt some of it felt like filler that staled the real mystery and excitement.
I liked the story behind the outfit and how it included Al Capone and the secret doors. I was no aware this was a series when I started it and Im not sure if I will continue on or not.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment