Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Thursday 26 March 2015

NetGalley Review- Feast of Fates (Four Feasts Till Darkness #1)


Title: Feast of Fates 

(Four Feasts Till Darkness #1)

Author: Christian A. Brown

Format I read: Ebook (kindle via NetGalley)

Rating: 3.5 /5


SYNOPSIS:
Morigan lives a quiet life as the handmaiden to a fatherly old sorcerer named Thackery. But when she crosses paths with Caenith, a not wholly mortal man, her world changes forever. Their meeting sparks long buried magical powers deep within Morigan. As she attempts to understand her newfound abilities, unbidden visions begin to plague her—visions that show a devastating madness descending on one of the Immortal Kings who rules the land.

With Morigan growing more powerful each day, the leaders of the realm soon realize that this young woman could hold the key to their destruction. Suddenly, Morigan finds herself beset by enemies, and she must master her mysterious gifts if she is to survive.
 

MY REVIEW:
*I received a copy of this book via netgalley*

It took me a long time to get into this book, it is a beast filled with a lot of information and a lot of world building which is good but also as the in depth description continued I found I got lost and I even skimmed a little. The writing style also took some getting used to but once I did I found a beauty to it that I rather enjoyed.
Most of the characters were wonderful but there is a lot of them in this crazy tale and some I could not care for, Morigan and Caenith were my favorite by far, with fate playing a part they form an unlikely but deep bond and I love when two people can find each other and help each other grow and learn about themselves like these two did.
As I read other reviews for this book I noticed some people were bothered by the graphic rape and torture in the story and yes I would agree this tale is not for the faint of heart but I disagree with it being a reason not to read this book (unless you are one of those faint of heart) because in a land as cruel and ruthless as the ones in this world built here I think its bound to happen, it is proof of the cruelty that must be faught and also some brutalities play a role in the unfolding of the tale.
I liked this book but I can't say I loved it and I have to admit there were times I had to push myself to continue or skim some of the drawn out description but overall I'm glad I read this and I may continue the series if I find the time So I can see how things continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment