Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Tuesday 10 March 2015

Book Review- Reborn (Born #3)


Title: Reborn (Born #3)
Author: Tara Brown
Format I read: ebook (kindle edition)
Rating: 5/5

SYNOPSIS:
Twenty years ago a man made a child he never intended to love.

Ten years ago the world ended and Emma turned her back on the man she believed was her father...in an attempt to survive.

Eight weeks ago she discovered the truth about her family, including the sister she never knew existed.

Last week she had her heart broken by the one man she never imagined giving it to.

Yesterday she turned her back on those she cared for in an attempt to help them survive.

Today she plans on hunting two men to the ends of the broken earth.

Not to save the world.

Not to make the world a better place.

Tomorrow... she plans on getting revenge.
 

MY REVIEW:
I have a very intense love/ hate relationship with this book, I really love this world and the characters that inhabit it but I hate how emotional this conclusion made me. I have many feelings and opinions about this book so if you read on spoilers are ahead.
I'm not sure I could ever really understand or connect with Emma but there is just something about her that I like and I'm glad she finally found happiness, stability, and family:
"Because it's us and them, it always was." 
She started this journey as a fierce loner with no one to worry about but herself and Leo but when Ana knocked on her door it started a chain reaction that along the way gave Emma the 'us' she was unknowingly looking for. For a long time I couldn't understand her easy ability to just take a life and move on like she had just stepped on a spider, but the more I think about it the more I realized that it was just a part of how she was raised, how she had survived for so long, and because of her DNA and the wsy she was brought into this world. I must say that the storyline of Emma's evil father and the terrible way things are run was much more interesting than the whole zombie apocalypse I even forgot the infected were a threat for a long time while they delt with the bigger issues of the world.
Now I need to talk about Will, I just don't know why I like him so much, there is so much about him that annoys me and makes me mad but there is so much more that I love, I am very upset at Tara Brown forbreaking my heart twice by killing him, yes twice who does that, how rude to bring him back to his family only to be ripped away again, but also I understand it needed to be done for some things must be built from the ashes of loss and regret.
and I may have loved Will but I love Emma and Jake together even more, and the glimpse in the future eas a wonderful way to end the series proving that life can get better with hard work and love.
I'm sad to see this series over but I am insanely satisfied with the way things went down the good and the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment