Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Review- Born (Born 1)



Title: Born
Author: Tara Brown
Series: Born book 1
Rating: 5/5







Summary
Emma ran when her daddy told her to. She hid like he said she should. He was the first person she turned her back on. The first one she let die.
Ten years has gone by and she still lives by the simple rules he taught her when she was nine years old.

"Don't help anyone. Don't go where other people are unless you have to. Trust no one. Always pull the trigger."

Until one night she hears the worst sound in the world, a knock. A simple, timid knock, on the door to her cabin.
Only the voice of the brave little girl, ready to die for her brother, persuades Emma to open the door.
As her fingers turn the lock, she has a terrible feeling she will regret her decision.
But even as regret fills her world, so do love and companionship. Things she never imagined she would ever have again.

Everything comes at a cost, you decide what you'll pay.


My Review
I won this book (and the other 2 in trilogy) at a facebook party and when I was gong through my kindle I spotted it and decided it was time to pick it up and I am so glad I did cause I enjoyed this book fully and flew through wanting so much more. I love the world that was built and the characters trying to survive in it. Emma was very complex, alone for 10 years with only her wolf Leo for company was not good for her social skills but very good for her survival skills, she kept the world out until one day when someone knocks on the door and for Emma once she opens that door it opens so much more in her and she finds things she has been missing being so isolated but it also made things a lot harder for her. I find her very interesting because she is so naive in so many ways but she is a killing machine trained by a paranoid Father, it was a weird mix but also it worked.
I'm not sure how I feel about the love triangle, I sort of like what it does for the story overall but I get so frustrated with Emma and Will and then I just feel bad for Jake I just hope it is resolved soon and not dragged out the entire series.
There was lots of action and a very interesting back story to the collapse of the world and the terrors that hide in plain sight once everything changed, I am so excited for book 2 and after the cliffhanger at the end I am moving on quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment