Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Thursday 18 October 2012

The Emerald Staff (Custodian Novel 2)

The Emerald Staff (Custodian Novel 2)
by Alison Pensy
Rating: 4/5

Summary:
Faedra was enjoying the fact that everything was back to normal. Well, as normal as it could get when you had the ability to manipulate energy, were protector of an ancient Fae amulet, and lived with a fairy guardian 24/7. Her dad had even started dating. Yes, all was right again in Faedra’s world, or so she thought…

My Review:
  I read book one and I loved it, but with so many books on the to be read shelf this one got pushed back, Then one day while going through my Kobo library I came across it and was excited to get reading and I am ver glad I did. This book was exciting heart warming and full of kick ass scenarios and overall and really good read!!
  The story was kicked off with a bang giving us dark magic. curses and a quick protection spell it had my immediate attention and I was sucked in until the end thanks to the fast pace and many exciting adventures.
  I was suspicious of Feadra's dads girlfriend all along and call me a cynic but it just seemed to good to be true and low and behold I was right, but it did lead to the way for many revelations like the identity of feadra's father and an introduction to fean's family which was interesting and a little thought provoking I have a few questions about them still so it is a good thing there is another book because I also have questions about Vivianna and I have a feeling she isnt done yet she doesn't seem like the giving up type.
  The addition of Eytran to the story had me worried I would end up reading another story of love triangle but I was happy he remained in the friendship zone and he was good comic relief for the tense situations they all faced.
  I loved the dragons they were like grumpy old men with weapons. I also loved the impression Feadra had on Draconis it was very cute and it also gave her a very powerful friend for the battle to save her father and all the seven realms. I really hope he is in book 3.
  After all my praise I will say the characters being named Faedra and Faen bothered me I couldnt get over how close they were and in all the excitement I sometimes got them confused, but faedra was so kick ass selfless and fierce and faen the warrior and ever the gentleman was good enough that I did get over it by the end.
   I was glad to get a wonderful happy ending giving me great promise and excitement for book 3 which I will read as soon as I get my hands on it!!!
Happy Reading Friends!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment