Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Heroes 'Til Curfew (Talent Chronicles 2) by Susan Bischoff


Heroes 'Til Curfew (Talent Chronicles 2)
by Susan Bischoff
Rating:5/5

Summary:
In the world of the Talent Chronicles, kids with supernatural abilities, Talents, are taken away to government-run research facilities from which they do not return. In this sequel to HUSH MONEY, all Joss wants is to be left alone with Dylan. But as more Talents are imprisoned by the government, everyone's looking for a leader. Some look to Joss, some to her worst enemy, Marco, whose new criminal plan threatens Joss's family and friends. Joss wants to stand up to Marco, but Dylan's protective instincts are putting him in harm's way. As the stakes get higher, can Joss find a way to embrace both the boy and her hero within?

Heroes 'Til Curfew contains strong language, violence, and some sensuality. Recommended for mature teens and up.

My Review:
*Contains spoilers*
   I read the first book of this series (Hush Money) a couple of weeks ago although I had it in my kobo for a long time, but my August book challenge was to read indie books so Hush Money was put on the list, and after I read it I was anxious to get book two. Man am I ever glad I got my hands on this it was right up my alley.
  This book had lots of great humor I found myself laughing out loud a lot ( I got a few strange looks as I read everywhere and always forget other people are around).
  Joss has quickly become one of my favorite heroines. Her strong independence and will to keep her talent secret and her strong desire to keep her father happy and sane, while struggling to find her place in a world flipped upside down in book one, and she now finds herself with friends to try and trust while instantly wanting to protect them. i couldn't stop reading to find out how she would kick ass next time....loved her.
  Now to mention the other amazing character in this book...Dylan, and as stupid as it sounds I like I'm in love lol. Dylan's fierce protectiveness is sexy, but what makes it even sexier is his knowledge of how independent Joss is he knows she can handle herself but he just wants to help her. My favorite part of the book came after an epic battle when everyone is finally okay:
        ""Crazy," he muttered softly, "how much I need you"
       Crazy, how something like that can feel like a kick in the chest, can hurt that much, can suck all the air out of your body for a moment. And at the same time, settle over you, around you, so soft and warm and sweet that you think nothing can ever be as good as this moment.
Crazy
that I love you
this much"
It showed how the tragedy had them finally admitting how they felt but also made the teenage girl inside me squeal and them sigh at how beautiful it was.
  Joss' dad brings a whole other layer to the story. A protective and mentally unstable father who despite everything is just trying to help is the main reason Joss is who she is. I was glad to get a little more insight into his breakdown and get a little better understanding of him but I really hope the next book gives me more. 
  I kept asking myself how they could keep finding themselves in another impossible situation and keep getting themselves out, but not in a bad way, in a Bruce Willis Die Hard kind of way.(which is one of my favs, I love me some Bruce Willis) It was full of excitement and surprises...Simply fantastic. 

   And now to finally say that the epic ending made me almost clap and cheer I know its corny but I love a good win!!!!! get this book and the first one(Hush Money) in your hands if you have not already.

1 comment: