Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Thursday 27 December 2012

Starcrossed (Starcrossed #1)

 Starcrossed (Starcrossed #1) by Josephine Angelini
 Rating: 5/5

Goodreads Summary:
How do you defy destiny?
Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is—no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust. At school she's haunted by hallucinations of three women weeping tears of blood . . . and when Helen first crosses paths with Lucas Delos, she has no way of knowing they're destined to play the leading roles in a tragedy the Fates insist on repeating throughout history.
As Helen unlocks the secrets of her ancestry, she realizes that some myths are more than just legend. But even demigod powers might not be enough to defy the forces that are both drawing her and Lucas together—and trying to tear them apart.


My Review:
 Okay so I got this book a long time ago and I am so so so so mad at myself that I did not read this sooner it was simply fantastic. I love Greek mythology and this one did not disappoint it was great from page one right to the end. I just fell so much excitement for this book I don't really now what to say but I am gonna give it a shot.
I simply loved Helen she was a very well rounded character who just got better as the pages turned and the history of Helen of Troy and how it affected her was fantastic and oh so tragic I loved how they story flowed and revealed the small bits making me think I knew what was gonna happen and then BAM the book goes in a whole new direction.Lucas was great and I was so heartbroken by his and Helen's love story that on my next day off I will be on my way to the bookstore to get the next books and sit down and root for them to be together I just can't believe how many people are trying to keep them apart but I will keep the faith and root for true love. The rest of the characters that rounded out the book were all so awesome I want to live in that big house with them all it seemed like a lot of fun even with all the drama that surrounded them they found a way to have fun and then become great warriors and fight to the death for family and love well not all were good *SPOILER ALERT* what was up with Helen's mom what a bitch I just don't get it and I want to know what her deal is I hope more is revealed about her and her crazy plan filled with lies.
If you are as crazy as me and you waited to read this do not wait anymore it is the whole package and you will not be disappointed the new take on the descendants of Greek Gods was perfect and so was this book so go and read it now!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment