Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Destined (House of Night #9)

Destined (House of Night 9)
by P.C. Cast + Kristin Cast
Rating: 4/5
Goodreads Summary:
Zoey is finally home where she belongs, safe with her Guardian Warrior, Stark, by her side, and preparing to face off against Neferet – which would be a whole lot easier if the High Counsel saw the ex-High Priestess for what she really is. Kalona has released his hold on Rephaim, and, through Nyx's gift of a human form, Rephaim and Stevie Rae are finally able to be together – if he can truly walk the path of the Goddess and stay free of his father's shadow…

But there are new forces at work at the House of Night. An influx of humans, including Lenobia’s handsome horse whisperer, threatens their precarious stability. And then there’s the mysterious Aurox, a jaw-droppingly gorgeous teen boy who is actually more – or possibly less – than human. Only Neferet knows he was created to be her greatest weapon. But Zoey can sense the part of his soul that remains human, the compassion that wars with his Dark calling. And there’s something strangely familiar about him… 

Will Neferet’s true nature be revealed before she succeeds in silencing them all? And will Zoey be able to touch Aurox’s humanity in time to protect him – and everyone – from his own fate? Find out what’s destined in the next thrilling chapter of the House of Night series.

My Review:
** spoiler alert ** 
Overall a good book I enjoyed yet another fun read of the house of night series. I have to admit that it has been a while since I have read one of these, I read I think 6 in a row and I needed a bit of a break and it took me a few chapters to put the story back together but it was easy to pick up and to follow in the new adventure. 
Zoey and her friends battle darkness and Neferet and they find a few alias that I hope will be the key to her undoing I am very over her and all her Bullpoopie just expose her already I don't get how no one sees it although I guess I am a bit bias as most of the story is from the point of view of "good" , I like that both sides are points of view giving a very good inside for the reader. This being book 9 a lot has happened and I hope that some things can soon be resolved. 
 I am not sure how I feel about the whole Heath thing I hope it doesn't mess up Zoey and Stark I like them together and they deserve to just be happy and move on after everything I mean he went to the underworld after her how can anyone else be more important but hey I am not her.
The next one is waiting on the shelf and I am interested in what will happen next!!!
Happy Reading Friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment