Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Sunday 16 December 2012

Obsidian (Lux #1)

Goodreads Summary:
Starting over sucks.When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. 
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 
If I don't kill him first, that is



Obsidian (Lux 1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Rating: 5/5

My Review:
 I had heard so many GREAT things about this book and decided I should give it a go. Aliens are not really my thing, I did read The Host and I really enjoyed that so I figured what the hay lets see what happens and let me tell you my expectations were met and then some. I could not put this book down and when I did because stupid life activities demanded me to I found myself still thinking about it trying to unravel the mystery in my head. well to tell you the truth I did a lot more thinking about Daemon than I did anything else, as I am sure many others can relate to I just wanted him to show up at my door with no shirt on arrogance and all just as long as he was around and shirtless *SIGH*.
This book was beautifully written it held my attention from page one all the way to the last and I was sooo happy when I got to the end and found the few chapters written in Daemons point of view if I hadn't been so in love with him before that would have done it, I love that he cares so much about his sister and even when he is being an asshole most of the time he has a reason for it. I thought Katy was a very relate able she was shy and reserved yet something about Daemon brought out a different side and the two of them together could be unstoppable if only they both were not so stubborn.
That first kiss was so hot and spicy I had to put the book down and collect myself for a moment and after that I was day dreaming of a kiss that good (shhh our little secret) I hope they can finally be together in the next book and I can not wait to see what happens next.
Overall a super fantastic read and if you have not read this (although I know I am one of the last to get on the band wagon of this series) then I suggest you get it NOW!!!!!
oh and one more thing this cover DAAAMMMNN sooooo hot!!!!
Happy Reading Friends!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment