Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Thursday 29 November 2012

The Star Dwellers (The Dwellers 2)

The Star Dwellers (The Dwellers 2)
by David Estes 
Rating: 5/5
Summary:
     After rescuing her father and younger sister, Adele is forced to leave her family and Tristan behind to find her mother in the cruel and dangerous realm of the star dwellers. 
    Amidst blossoming feelings for Adele, Tristan must cast his feelings aside and let her find her own way amongst the star dwellers, while he accompanies Adele's father to meet with the leaders of the moon dwellers and decide the fate of the Tri-Realms.
      Will Adele be able to rescue her mother and make it back to the Moon Realm before the President and the sun dweller soldiers destroy her family?
       Can Tristan convince the moon dweller puppets of the error of their ways?
Was Adele's lost kiss with Tristan her one and only chance at love?
       In her world there's only one rule: Someone must die.

My Review:
        Be warned I will not be able to control myself and this review will contain spoilers!!
   I received this book free from the author after being one of the first five to review book one in a read to review, I loved the first book and could not stop reading which worked in my favor getting me this fantastic read. The second installment of the series was just as good if not better than the first, I want to thank the author for giving me this book and encourage anyone to go out and get this series as it will be well worth your while. This is a wonderful story with beautiful writing and the most lovable characters, it is at the top of my list for recommended reads.
   Just when Adele and Tristan are together with her father and sister, Adele must leave to save the last member of her family...her mother and Tristan must go and try to unite the star and moon realms against his evil father. Both on totally different paths yet working towards the same goal. This lead to so many revelations I didn't think my brain could handle it. Her parents were leaders of the rebellion which was supposed to be gone, her mother is now a general in the star dweller army and so much more, there were so many WHAT THE WHAT?? moments I just had to keep reading and find out what would could possibly be next and I was never disappointed.
  So many new and interesting people I understood Adele's hesitant nature it was hard to know who to trust. I never saw the Brody thing coming and Trevor seemed off for a long time but I am glad to see that him and Ram are supporting then on their mission, I know Tristan will be able to prove himself to Ram and he will be a valuable asset.
   Lots of great complex characters on both sides. Although of course the evil ones are just that pure evil and I hope the president gets whats coming to him what a sick man. On the other hand the "Good Guys" is a fantastic group each with their own strengths and weaknesses who have been through so much together in such a short time they now how to be there for each other  and lean on one another for support. Elsey was by far my favorite she is wise beyond her years yet was still able to hold onto innocence enough to keep things light when it seemed they could not get any darker, her ability to charm everyone she meets was so adorable and I know it was her choice of words that won everyone over, she is a girl after my own heart with her love of the old world and her eternal optimism even in the toughest times of their journey.
  After reading these two wonderful books I fell like I know the characters and I can not wait to read the next one and find out the fate that awaits them and I hope they all get the revenge they seek. Thanks again David Estes for the wonderful read and again I say..GO GET THESE BOOKS AND GET READING! 
Happy Reading Friends!!!!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment