Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Sunday 18 November 2012

For the Love of a Vampire (Blood Like Poison 1)

For the Love of a Vampire (Blood Like Poison 1)
by M. Leighton
Rating: 3.5 /5

Summary:
  Like most seventeen year olds, Ridley Heller thought she had her future all planned out. What she wanted most in life was to get out of small town Harker. Her only goal was to keep her mouth shut and her grades high so she could win a cheerleading scholarship to Stanford. But that was before she met Bo. 
  In Ridley’s wildest dreams, she could never have planned for someone like Bo, for a love so intense it left her breathless. No human girl could.
  A haunting stranger that watched her from afar, Bo stole Ridley’s heart from the moment she laid eyes on him. But he has secrets. Bo’s a vampire. Both his past and his present are a danger to Ridley, but the biggest threat is not her blood; it’s her heart. He’s feeding a thirst for revenge that will cost him his life, and it may already be too late. 
  The more darkness Ridley uncovers, the more she realizes that her life will never be the same—with or without Bo. Can she sacrifice her future and her heart for someone who has a death wish?

My Review:
  I got this book free on amazon and I found the summary interesting and I thought I would give it a try it felt like a while since I had read a vampire book. I almost stopped reading a few times in the beginning mostly because it was so much like twilight I was having trouble getting over it. that being said once I got into it I noticed the similarities were few and far between and the book was fairly enjoyable.
 I really liked that Ridley grew and developed throughout the story. She started off damaged and a little self serving, but meeting Bo changed the course of her life allowing her to become the person she never knew she had the potential to be but Bo knew was there all along. I think my favorite part was when she stood up to that bitch Trinity.
  The origin story of the vampire's, how they are made and how they die was original and interesting and with the addition of poison (I won't tell you when, were, why ect. in case you want to give it a read) it made things mysterious and kept me reading. 
  The cliffhanger at the end was intense and it changed everything for me I did not see it coming at all, I really want to find out what happens next, I have so many questions and I will be on the lookout for book 2 (Destined for a Vampire).
Happy Reading friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment