Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Friday 11 April 2014

Review- Reached (Matched #3)

Title: Reached
Author: Ally Condie
Series: book 3 of the Matched series
Rating: 4/5

Summary
After leaving Society to desperately seek The Rising, and each other, Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again. Cassia is assigned undercover in Central city, Ky outside the borders, an airship pilot with Indie. Xander is a medic, with a secret. All too soon, everything shifts again.

My Review
Finally!! I got to finish this series, I of course have had the book on the shelf for a while and I finally made time to get to it. I thought this was a good book but I don't know I can say I loved it, this was not my favorite of the series but I thought it was a great wrap up and a story well done.
Before I started reading I forgot how much I loved Ally Condie's writing but I was very quickly reminded of how beautiful and poetic her style is. That for me is the best part of this book and even this series is the structure and layout and how beautifully it's told.
Like so many times with other series when there is a span of time between books it took me a minute to jog my memory about the other books and as I did I remembered I really liked these characters and I wish them well, but I never really felt a strong connection with them. I loved watching all of them grow so much in this book, I think they were all able to find themselves in the chaos. The idea that a plague would save them always sounded strange to me, but it did open a lot of eyes and it gave people a chance to discover that even though the society tried, creativity will never be killed and we carry it will us always we just need to be courageous enough to share.
I am glad to have read this series and I am a little sad it is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment