Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Saturday 2 February 2013

The Sun Dwellers (The Dwellers 3)

    
The Sun Dwellers (The Dwellers 3) by David Estes
Rating: 5/5
Goodreads Summary:
With those she's closest to dying around her, Adele embarks on a secret mission to the Sun Realm to assassinate the President. Along the way she'll uncover secrets about her relationship with Tristan that she might not be ready to face. 

Tristan has a secret, too, one that's been eating him up inside ever since he met Adele. Will he reveal all, and risk the loss of friendship and love at a time when he needs it the most?

At the same time, Adele's mother, General Rose, must lead her soldiers into battle to face the sun dweller army in the hopes of holding them off until Adele can complete her mission. Can she outlast the strength of President Nailin's elite fighting force?

There's only one truth in their world: someone must die.

My Review:
 I read book one for a read to review and was instantly hooked and I was so excited to finally get a chance to jump back into the wonderful world David Estes created, and join these characters I have become so invested in on the final leg of their journey to end a war and reunite the tri-realms and OMG did I enjoy every step of this adventure.
 I found myself very attached to many of these characters, the rag tag group of friends were dedicated to each other and their mission. I loved how they faced everything with a tiny bit of humor to break  the otherwise constant threat of danger sometimes even I forgot what they were supposed to be doing when they would stop to share a laugh, and it also got them through many a hardship:
"A Joke. It's like a key part of our survival - our ability to laugh. As important as food or water or sleep.The thing we've all needed..."
It may not be everyone's way to deal but it helped these guys and also me the reader getting a break from heartache to have a laugh.
 I thought this book was a perfect blend of humor, heartache, love, and determination I just can't say enough good things. I really enjoyed this whole series and what a crazy ending one I never saw coming after a crazy ride of emotions through this series I just want to know WHAT NOW?? I am still stocked stunned and thinking about it. 
 I was very excited to see a sneak peek of Fire Country the sister series to this at the back and I read it and now I am more excited. It was released yesterday and looks great so get your copy soon, but since I have a Kobo I will have to wait a bit but dont you wait it looks Awesome:


Summary:In a changed world where the sky bleeds red, winter is hotter than hell and full of sandstorms, and summer's even hotter with raging fires that roam the desert-like country, the Heaters manage to survive, barely. 

Due to toxic air, life expectancies are so low the only way the tribe can survive is by forcing women to procreate when they turn sixteen and every three years thereafter. It is their duty as Bearers.

Fifteen-year-old Siena is a Youngling, soon to be a Bearer, when she starts hearing rumors of another tribe of all women, called the Wild Ones. They are known to kidnap Youngling girls before the Call, the ceremony in which Bearers are given a husband with whom to bear children with. 
As the desert sands run out on her life's hourglass, Siena must uncover the truth about the Wild Ones while untangling the web of lies and deceit her father has masterfully spun

No comments:

Post a Comment