Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Sunday 17 February 2013

Half Black Soul (The Alexa Montgomery Saga 2)

Half Black Soul (The Alexa Montgomery Saga 2) by H.D. Gordon
Rating: 5/5

Goodreads Summary:
In the past few weeks Alexa Montgomery has had her entire world flipped upside down. She's gone from living a semi-normal teenage life to a life full of vampires and werewolves who all expect her to deliver them from the control of an evil dictator. 

Alexa is the last of her kind; a Sun Warrior, and now she has left the safety of Two Rivers to search for her mother, but she's left her sister behind to do so, and Nelly is the one person that she was told that she must always protect. Kayden, a vampire who is Alexa's other half, has followed her on her journey. But, secrets are about to come out, relationships will break and danger lies just up ahead. Will Alexa be able to get through all of this and make it out alive? And, will she be able to protect Nelly from danger when she is so far away?

My Review:
  So this has become one of my favorite series, I absolutely loved the first book and although this one was not as good as the first I still loved it and I am still very excited to continue on and see what will happen now.  I love H.D. Gordon's writing style it makes me feel like I am living  in this crazy world that has been created, and with Alexa and Nelly separated it was cool to get both points of view learning many new things about both characters. I was pulled back into this world right away and I did not want to put it down, I just can't say enough good things about this book.
 Alexa and Kayden together are fantastic and that I know what I know about Jackson I am even more in Kayden's corner, plus they had some pretty hot moments together and I know that Alexa will come to her senses and realize she needs this hot man and that  is not a bad thing and no one can understand her struggle like him.
 This book focused more on Alexa trying to come to terms with what she calls "her monster"  and I think the most important part for me was Olivia's words:
"You are not a monster Alexa" she said. Her grip tightened on my chin when I tried to look away. "You are a Sun Warrior, and you carry the weight of the world on your shoulders. But, you are strong and built for such labor. You think you're evil and tainted, but what you don't understand is that good needs it's warriors too. That is what you need to remember. Or else you will forever be divided into two warring sides that will destroy you in their battles."
I found that to be very profound and I hope Alexa remembers her words cause I kinda like the crazy "monster" part of her, it is no nonsense and kick ass and now that so many things have been blown wide open with that insane ending I think in the next book "the monster" will be needed.
 This book was awesome and best of all it had more Kayden which I was so excited about I have a crazy crush on him and this pretty much sums it up:
      "The kind if man we all are only ever allowed to dream about"
I can't wait to continue this series and find out what could possibly happen now after that crazy ending. If you have not started this series then I suggest you do now you will not be disappointed Awesome Awesome books!!!!

1 comment: