Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Friday 8 February 2013

Guardians Of The Akasha

Goodreads Summary:Eighteen-year old Keira Wilde has finished school and is determined to make her own plans for her future, thank you very much. She wants to be a photographer; not go to Oxford, like her parents want, or be a hero, like her aunt wants. But Keira’s plans go flying out of the window when she is attacked on the streets of London and she is forced to use her powers in self-defense.

Unfortunately, her actions attract the attention of a predator intent on using her...or destroying her. Preferring to be neither used nor destroyed, Keira takes charge of her destiny and enters the hidden world of the Guardians of the Akasha.

Fighting side by side with the battle-scarred Marco Santana, they race from London to Argentina and a castle in the forests of the Czech Republic to find the source of all knowledge and prevent the fabric of time from unraveling.


Guardians Of The Akasha by Celia Stander
Rating: 4/5

My Review:
     I was gifted this book from the author in exchange for and honest review so here it is.
First of all I want to say that I loved this cover it really drew me in and I am such a sucker for a horse I just loved it, also since the horse really is in the book I must also say that I love a man on a horse :).
When I started reading I thought that the different points of view jumping around would be confusing but it was done in such a way as to reveal small bits of information to the reader and I was not confused at all. I found the idea new and fresh and I was refreshed by the fact that it was different from so much I have read in the past and I really liked that. I liked Keira and her love interest Marco and I was rooting for them all the way to come together and defeat evil, but unlike many other books I have read I didn't feel a connection to any of the other characters, that being said I liked Keira's growth throughout the book she let a very painful event make her stronger and more determined instead of letting it beat her.
There was a bit of a slow period for me but when Keira returned and plans were made I was sucked right back in.
Overall I enjoyed this book and I would like to once again thank the author for the pleasure of reading her novel. 

1 comment: