Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Verity (Cursed #1)

Verity (Cursed #1) by Claire Farrell
Rating: 3/5

Goodreads Summary:
Perdita Rivers has spent her entire sheltered life being told what to do. Lately, she’s felt ready for a change and the universe seems to agree. Her new best friend’s brother is the boy of Perdita’s dreams. Literally. Even though he plays hot and cold, she’s sure there’s more to it, but she’s kind of distracted by the sense she’s being followed, not to mention the rumors of wild animal sightings that seem to mean more to her new crush’s family than they should. Perdy’s on a mission to find the truth, but maybe the truth is the danger she should hide from, after all.

My Review:
 Okay so before I get started  I want to just say that I am a HUGE fan of the werewolf genre I love the soul mate thing, the protective animal instinct and many other things, and although I liked this book it did not have the same intensity that I was expecting. The relationships between the characters was well developed and there were a few cute moments and one or two action moments but sort of felt like there was too much of the book that left me expecting something big to happen but not a whole lot did and the story was a bit of a different take of the whole werewolf soul mate thing it just wasn't that exciting of filled with a while lot of information. I think maybe the next book will have a bit more to it now that a few things have changed and maybe I will read to find out but I have not decided yet. Overall not bad but not excellent either.

No comments:

Post a Comment