Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Saturday 21 February 2015

Book Review- The Queen's Choice (Heirs of Chrior #1)

Tittle: The Queen's Choice
Series: Heirs Of Chrior Trilogy book one
Author: Cayla Kluver
Format: Hardcover
Rating: 3/5

Synopsis:
Magic was seeping out of me, black and agonizing. I could see it drifting away. The magic that would let me pass the Road to reach home again.

When sixteen-year-old Anya learns that her aunt, Queen of the Faerie Kingdom of Chrior, will soon die, her grief is equalled only by her despair for the future of the kingdom. Her young cousin, Illumina, is unfit to rule, and Anya is determined not to take up the queen's mantle herself.

Convinced that the only solution is to find Prince Zabriel, who long ago disappeared into the human realm of Warckum, and persuade him to take up his rightful crown, Anya journeys into the Warckum Territory to bring him home. But her journey is doomed to be more harrowing than she ever could have imagined.


My Review:
I wanted to love this book, I bought it solelyonly because of the author, well and the cover caught my eye, I loved Kluver's other books but this one was not quite as good and I had a hard time getting into it, now don't get me wrong I didn't hate this book it just was not as good as I had hoped.
I liked the characters in this book and I really liked how they interacted and how most of them were not all that they seemed, it made for some very shocking events and some interesting twists and turns that saved the whole experience for me. A lot happened in the beginning and I was very interested but when Anya must recuperate from an unfortunate stroje of luck (or so we think) I got a little bored, some of it did play out later on but when I think about it there was a lot of stuff I didn't need and it took away from the overall journey and adventure.
Despite my feelings on this book I think the series has promise and I woukd like to continue on, lots took place towards the end of the book and I have many unanswered questions. I adore Cayla Kluver and I have faith it can only go up from here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment