Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Saturday 8 June 2013

Review- Allusive Aftershock

Title: Alusive Aftershock
Author: Susan Griscom
Rating:5/5
Goodreads Summary:
What happens when a major earthquake changes life as you know it and the boy you thought you hated ends up saving you? Three times!

Courtland Reese is the guy everyone hates and makes fun of because … well, he is weird. He communicates with animals. Strange or interesting, seventeen-year-old Adela Castielle can’t quite figure out, but when he saves her from being trampled by her own horse, she begins to understand him a little better and wants to learn more about him.

But, Max--her best friend/dream guy/someday-to-be-her-husband-only-he-doesn’t-know-it-yet--hates Courtland with a passion. Adela wants to know why, except neither boy is talking.

When Max leaves her stranded in his parents' wine cave with his worst enemy, Courtland, after what the experts are calling a “megathrust” earthquake, Adela starts to question her loyalty to Max as steamy kisses in a dark damp cellar only fuel her emotions with more conflict.

But does she really have time to worry about that when fire, destruction and mayhem surround her?
My Review:
I won this book at a book party on facebook. man am I glad I won, I had heard such great things about this book but I had not idea it would be that good, every page just as fantastic as the last.
 Adela was great although that blind spot she had for Max was very frustrating for me, I mean I could tell from space the guy was spoiled, selfish and vain, but then again love is blind we all see what we want. Otherwise Adela was very determined and resilient and once the tragedy had changed her she was even better in my eyes. I believe that our true colors show in times of disaster and i enjoyed who Adela and Courtland were they grew together and faced so much in such a short time I really don't know if even I could have been that brave.
 Oh how I wish Courtland was real, he is handsome, strong, polite and best of all a sensitivity to animals. The two of them together was adorable and I got misty several times in this book as I cheered them on and things were looking good and all of a sudden another blow is delt to them.
Adela said "I may have been scared -of what I don't know- but one thing was for sure. I wasn't a bit sorry that he wasn't Max."
That melted my heart :)
 I loved how as things got worse some how the author was able to make the terrible situations into a beautiful story of love and being true to ourselves. I absolutely loved the ending, it was beautiful and heart warming yet realistic. Now if you have not read this book I suggest you do it is so worth every minute you read. I love this cover too stunning and very telling.


No comments:

Post a Comment