Stephanie's books

Clockwork Angel
Eragon
City of Bones
Twilight
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Golden Compass
Night World, No. 2
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn
The Iron Daughter
The Iron King
Nightshade
Divergent
A Discovery of Witches
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Hunger Games
The Host
City of Glass
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Stephanie's favorite books »

Monday 10 February 2014

Review- The Name Of The Wind

Title: The Name Of The Wind
Author: Patrick Rothfuss
Rating: 5/5
Summary
Told in Kvothe's own voice, this is the tale of the magically gifted young man who grows to be the most notorious wizard his world has ever seen. The intimate narrative of his childhood in a troupe of traveling players, his years spent as a near-feral orphan in a crime-ridden city, his daringly brazen yet successful bid to enter a legendary school of magic, and his life as a fugitive after the murder of a king form a gripping coming-of-age story unrivaled in recent literature. A high-action story written with a poet's hand, The Name of the Wind is a masterpiece that will transport readers into the body and mind of a wizard.

My Review
I heard many wonderful things about this bookou and to be honest that sometimes scares me, I hate being that person who can't seem to see the greatness others see in a book, but this book was another one for me this year that lived up to it's hype. I fell in love with the writing as I read the first words on page one and I loved it more and more as I continued, I found it beautiful and lyrical I don't know how else to explain it but trust me it's fantastic. I loved the characters and the intense development devoted to each one in their own way. I hope I can do this wonderful book justice with this review so here goes.
I found this book to be one that I needed to slowly ingest, I felt like I would be doing the characters and the author a great injustice if I rushed through without letting each beautifully constructed word, sentence, and paragraph sink in. Kvothe was very complex and I am very glad that he chose to tell his story the way he did, with such a full and complex journey it deserves the slow methodical approach it is given. His development in the short amount of years is intense and the idea that there is so much more to come is very exciting for me and I am anxious to get my hands on book two and watch things get more romantic, intense and all around exciting.
I can't wait to continue the series and the author and to anyone who loves to read a great story I think you should read this ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment